Friday, October 25, 2013

7 Quick Takes


When my dad liked a song...he'd really latch on to it.  Some of the best memories of him are when he found a song and would uninhibitedly belt it out when it came on the radio or would just "serenade" my family because he wanted to enjoy it and would put it on.  When he passed I wondered what would be the next song that he would have loved.  I heard this and without doubt know this is the next song.  Of course it had to be Toby KEITH.

On random and oh so rare days I decide to try. Last night I wet set my hair like so many women in the '50's did.  Here is the result...
Hotness you can expect to see again maybe halfway into 2014
 Someone get that girl an eyebrow wax

I love DIY projects.  Our dishwasher dispenser cup broke and the fridge's water dispenser/ice maker has not only refused to work for more than five years but had dripped water onto our floor.  With the help of Sears Parts Direct I am proud to say we're all in working order.  I feel like we have brand new appliances.

Last weekend I participated in the Run or Dye 5k.  I tried to train before but my painful ear infection threw me off track.  I managed to trot half and walk half.  It felt a lot shorter than I'd expected.  I'm super proud of my friend, Liz, who I begged to go with me.  She also trained couch to 5k and jogged the whole thing. The event made me feel young and like, "Maybe I'm too old for this," all at the same time.  Here we are acting like fools...



I hate cold weather.  One of the redeeming things about it is cute babies in adorable hats.



--- 6 ---
So, Capital Catholic right?  Politics Religion.  I have my moments then I try to lay low for awhile.  Here's a moment... I've seen two bumper stickers in Springfield so far that say, "I'm Ready for Hilary 2016"  I almost rear ended them on purpose.  WAKE UP AMERICA!
Also, I'm very proud of our Bishop in Springfield for speaking so strongly against people trying to make a mockery of the rosary and our holy space at my parish, Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception.  All are welcome to come and be reverent, but it's not okay to go to any church, temple, chapel, etc. with an agenda.

--- 7 ---
We're looking forward to a good weekend here.  Pumpkin carving, possible visit from my mom, Halloween train ride, school carnival, some good home cookin', confession and mass. Hope you all have a good one too!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please be respectful.