Thursday, March 22, 2012

7 Quick Takes


-1-


I am going to steal your format Bonnie and start these quick takes with a video.  Sue me but I'm buying you dinner Sunday :)  

Anyway, this diddy is by Jim Gill, a wonderful children's musician who emphasizes development through music play with parents.  You really need to check him out for your kids.  Do it! 

-2-

This Sunday I'm excited to have our Youth Group host Bonnie , my former co-worker and roommate, for a parish talk.  I have given this talk the title of 61 Minutes: Witness to the Alleged Miracle of a Boy Born Without a Pulse.  Click on the link to read all about it.  It's only "alleged" because it has been thoroughly investigated by a Tribunal and is in Rome for consideration as an official miracle attributed to Archbishop Fulton Sheen.  Please pray that souls who are considering attending will come and listen with open and supportive hearts, for Bonnie to have strength and peace, and for the canonization of Fulton Sheen.

-3-

If I won a $50,000 gift card to any store, I'd choose Lowe's.  I went there the other day to buy some essentials for tackling this damned yard and I found myself oogling over medicine cabinets, daydreaming of ceiling fans, fantasizing over new carpet, imagining myself installing a fence in the backyard, and running home to my husband describing the perfect fire pit we have to buy with the next paycheck.  I am in no way joking when I say I missed my calling to be some sort of carpenter/contractor.  I am a mix of Willems/Lawson blood after all.  There's just something about home renovation that feeds my creative artistic needs.  Forget journaling, forget scrapbooking; give me some safety goggles and power tools.

-4-

I have one up on Bonnie and Jen Fulwiler because I took down our Christmas lights today.   

-5-

I've been going to a Hip Hop fitness class at the Y.  I love it! At first it was awkward because of all the 15-20 year old girls lined up at the door.  Then there was the inhibition to move those hips and shake that booty.  But then the class evened out with women noticeably older than me and comparable in size.  The honest truth is though, even for being a bigger girl, I have more rhythm and technique than most all others.  Now, after being a regular at this I tried Zumba and hate hate hate hated it.  It felt like Latin hula dancing.  I know it can be intensive but it's just not hardcore enough for me.

-6-

Did you know a skinny latte from Starbucks in considered a power food on Weight Watchers?  I love coffee.

-7-

WOW, I just realized I mentioned Bonnie in 3 of these posts!  Now it's 4!  


Have a good weekend!

  


3 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! I actually took down the Christmas lights on Tuesday - right before I went to vote. So I beatcha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melinda! Have you ever heard of Tracy Anderson? She provides all the typical home video workout sessions...but honest to goodness...she's amazing! I just youtube a lot of her stuff and laugh at how silly (but effective) her dance cardio is. You.just.flail.around....all the while listening to some really great music :)

    Just thought I'd mention it if you ever want to do some workout-dancing again ;)
    Ok, I'm done with this service announcement. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been scared of the dance/fitness classes for fear it'll be full of skinny talented girls, maybe I should investigate more.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Please be respectful.