Thursday, March 15, 2012

Make Room for Me

Under the same title, I tried blogging in the past.  It was more or less a glorified status update which was particularly boring since I did not have kids or a job at the time.  My husband has said he thinks blogs are boring for the most part because the majority of writers do not have a particular subject matter. 

I attended the Behold Conference last weekend which gave rightful recognition to some wonderful women Catholic bloggers.  These women write about the particulars and maybe not always so exciting events of their lives but it's all with regard to and a perspective from the Church.  It's interesting and ultimately aspires to lead its readers to a deeper relationship with God.  This inspired me to give blogging a go again. 

Two nights ago I lay awake in bed trying to come up with a really clever name.  One I'd be proud to stand behind when I got such notoriety as Hallie Lord at Betty Beguiles or Sr. Helena Burns at Hell Burns or the like.  I concluded that my original title was clever enough and should not go wasted.  Capital Catholic will often times reflect on politics as one would come to expect from the name.  On another note, when I see the title I'm reminded of a capital letter.  A capital letter is bold and so I too am going to be bold in my writing; unashamedly Catholic. 

I hope you enjoy my writing and make room for me in your moments of online reflection.  But most of all, I pray that the Holy Spirit inspires my words so that you will always turn to Him, the true Author of Life. 

3 comments:

  1. Happy blogging Melinda! I look forward to reading your thoughts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you were brand new! I think your husband is right, that a focused blog does better. This isn't to say that an unfocused one won't become popular, just in general. That's one reason I have set aside my religious journey as a separate blog from my older one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited to read your blog, Melinda! Good for you for starting up again. I didn't get a chance to go to the conference, but from what I can tell (and from what I've read) it was such a grace-filled weekend.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Please be respectful.