Friday, March 30, 2012

7 Quick Takes


-1-


I do watch American Idol.  One contestant sang this song the other night which I happened to use as a song for a retreat talk I gave years ago.  He's clearly talking about his relationship with God.  LOVE

-2-

Not gonna lie...I bought some lottery tickets.  It was once believed I would never be able to play the lottery because Adam worked at a certain place for the government.  However, the lottery just recently became its own department and we were told we could play.  At the beginning of the month I heard a commercial for a St. Patrick's day lottery and felt this urge to play.  When I got to it they were all sold out for that particular game.  So, when I heard of this historic jackpot I thought I better get in because you can't win if you don't play.  I DO NOT feel like there's some Divine Intervention telling me to play and I am NOT praying to win.  I DO reflect on how I would be a good steward of the all that money if it came our way.

-3-

I'm only 3 chapters in, but the book "Style, Sex, and Substance" is soooo good. In some ways it's like I'm listening to my girlfriends, in some ways it's like I could of written that, and in many ways it's gotten me refocused.  

-4-

Our town is doing the 40 days for life campaign.  I really wanted to participate but don't want to take the children. I daydream of what it would be like to smile at the women who pulled into the parking lot.  What my signage would be.  I would have a sign that simply said, "You are Worthy.  You are Loved," and wouldn't it be powerful if I were baby-wearing R and had a sign on her back, "I am worthy.  I am loved."

-5-

The re-release of Titanic floods back memories (pun intended).  I remember going the first time on a double date.  I saw it at the Milan theater which is now tore down and has another building over it.  I remember those green vinyl seats and the packed audience.  Ahh, good times.

-6-

Sometimes I feel inhibited to get out my camcorder, but I recently went back to the first recordings which were of J just weeks old.  I will hold those videos so dear.  I regret only capturing R at 3 months then 1 year for a total of 4 minutes.  I want to get a new higher resolution camcorder now.  It's just so great!

-7-

Truth is I have about 10 topics saved for some really awesome blog posts.  Some of them I want to really master what I have to say.  I even have an editor lined up (my hubs).  I think the next posts will be a two-parter so be on the look out.

Have a good weekend!    




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please be respectful.