Sunday, March 10, 2013

5 Things You didn't know

My friend Lisa at Gesterlingpalooza  tagged me to list 5 things you may not know about me.  So I'll play along.

1.  Junior year of high school I was cut from varsity volleyball.  Our rural school had a boys soccer team (not enough interest for a girls) but with Title IX girls were allowed to play too.  I grew up playing with those boys on travel teams but with the seasons at the same time chose volleyball as a freshman.  So the opportunity opened to play soccer starting Junior year.  I was comparably SLOW and hardly got game time.  At one practice the coach chewed out the boys for complaining about conditioning and told them to act more like me.  At the end of the season at sports awards night they presented me each with a single rose (way to make a girl feel feminine) and voted me for the sportsmanship award.

2. I have a big dark birthmark on my upper thigh.  When I wear shorts or go swimming strangers ask me if I burned my leg.  I don't know about you but I've never seen a burn, even a scabbed over one, brown like this.  "Uhhh, no.  That's a birthmark"  I'm not embarrassed by it though.  I mostly forget it's even there.

3. In college I visited my cousin at Truman State in Missouri.  We went to a football game.  Years later I found out I was watching my future brother-in-law play.


4.  I wouldn't call myself adventurous but I really want to go zip lining.  Rock climbing, skydiving, para-sailing  No, No, and No.  But this...Yes!!

5.  I can play the trumpet.  Freshman year of college I wasn't ready to give it up so I did "University Band" which is like a low tier concert band for music majors trying to master other instruments or people like me.  I was first chair.  We had a concert but I didn't sign up for another semester because it wasn't really challenging enough, I wasn't making any friends, and I wanted to apply all my non study time to being with people in my building or at the catholic newman center.

So there they are.  Hoped you enjoyed.  I now tag you, Jen S at In Holy Company.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please be respectful.