Friday, March 1, 2013

7 Quick Takes

  -1-

I like this song for a laid back afternoon.  It seems to have a theme of some sort of conversion and the tone of the music feels vulnerable to me.  

-2-
In the video above you see Johnny driving around Idaho.  My husband loves to travel to the West.  He went to Utah with his dad this past October.  The extended Osborn family is going to Charleston, SC this summer but we're already making plans for another trip...we're thinking South Dakota in September.  I use to think people with money were the people who got to travel and take vacations, but I'm thankful my husband feels differently. He has a real talent for making itineraries and researching affordable restaurants, hotels/motels, and attractions.  Traveling is like having your first kid; there's never going to be the perfect time when everything is in order the way you think it should be.  You just have to go for it and you won't regret it.

-3-
This is how often I wear make-up.  My son walked in on me applying eye shadow and horrifically shouted, "Mom, what are you DOING?!"

-4-
A while ago Jimmy got a monster truck that included a DVD of a monster jam show.  He cannot get enough.  On netflix there's a show from 1995 "All about monster trucks."  He's seen it so many times he recites the lines (it's super mega cheesey).  Well, Monster Jam is going to be in the area this spring and I just have to let him go.  It's only $10 for the cheap seats so if he is bothered by the noise then they can just leave.  It'll be a men only thing.  I hope he really loves it.  

-5-
I'm thankful for my husband's job.  It may not be anything anyone aspires to be but he was able to have a paid month leave after Rita was born to help me.  He gets all the state holidays off.  I can expect when he'll be home to the exact minute.  His compensation time is generous.  I can go to any Dr. appointment whenever I need to without taking all the kids.  We can go on a weeks vacation and he has enough time to take a week off at Christmas too.  Right now they are offering overtime and he is opting to earn compensation time instead of money so that we can go on our other trip in September.  Today I picked him up for lunch so that he could sit in the car with the kids.  I was getting a birth certificate to add Rita to his insurance which is yet another reason I'm grateful for his job.  (When he was single he used to tell ladies, "I've got great insurance.")  Most people think of what they want to be and they go for that.  He just wanted to be a provider (even before we were dating)  and endures a unremarkable boring job for us.  

-6-
I picked up a fast food lenten lunch for us.  LJS's shrimp was excellent today!

-7-
A friend sent some memorial money a few months after my father passed away.  My mom's taken care of distributing it so I thought I'd just turn it over to her like I did with others before.  That weekend my parish wrote that a wind storm knocked over their 100 year old flag poles.  One flew the American flag, the other Vatican.  They were accepting donations.  My dad had a flag pole.  He took pride in displaying the American flag along with the Air Force flag or Illinois State's.  He teased me he was going to get a Vatican flag and fly it when I was "in residence." How could you ignore a perfect sign like that?  The money will therefore go to my parish in honor of dad.  Thanks "R"  


1 comment:

What do you think? Please be respectful.