Friday, March 22, 2013

7 Quick Takes

-1-

Appropriate for March Madness

-2-
My high school band director went to U of I and therefore our pep band played songs just like U of I's pep band.  During today's Illinois game I heard their pep band and was carried back.  Every time I hear the Rocky theme I imagine high school boys running out of the locker room doing their warm up routine, not a boxer.  It was some of the most fun I had in high school.  We even got to play at the state finals for pep band even though our team wasn't in the tourney.  I felt pretty B.A. when I filled the arena with my sweet trumpet solo at the opening of "I Will Survive."
Seniors Rule! Backstage at Peoria Civic Center


-3-
Yes it's almost 9 pm and I am just getting to quick takes because...

this doll won't stop crying when put down.  I usually only babywear when out and about but at this moment I have a sweet baby snuggled up and asleep on my chest hands free to type.  

-4-
Did you know that it's said the least productive work day in America is the first day of the NCAA tourney?  I filled out my bracket did you?  Go Kansas!

-5-
In 2008 my band director invited band alumni to come play the school song at homecoming as it was his 30th year of teaching.  He's already put out the invite for this September since it will be his last year.  I had so much fun last time even though it wasn't easy with an infant.  I hope to go again and see some more friends.  
The Fossils as Mr. Brooks calls us.

-6-
I walk this line of going crazy that the house is a mess and not caring.  Yesterday I was going through closets to purge stuff.  Today my clean laundry is thrown all over the family room.  I really have no in between.

-7-
Speaking of going through closet, you should see some of these '80's board games.  We have such gems as Murder She Wrote, Muscle Men Mega Match, and Tuba Ruba.  

Have a great week everyone and thanks to Jen for the link up at www.conversiondiary.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please be respectful.